The privacy of personal information is an important principle to me. I am committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services I provide. This document describes my privacy policies.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information about identifiable individuals. Personal information includes information that relates to:
- an individual’s personal characteristics (e.g. gender, age, home address or telephone number);
- health (e.g. health history, health conditions, health services received by them);
- activities (e.g. hobbies).
Personal information is different from business information (e.g., an individual’s business address and telephone number). This is not protected by privacy legislation.
WHY DO I COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Like all medical professionals, I collect, use and disclose personal information in order to serve my clients. The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide treatment. For example, I collect information about a client’s medical history and physical condition in order to help me assess what their health needs are, to advise them of their options and then to provide the treatment they choose to have. A second primary purpose is to obtain a baseline of health information so that in providing on going health services I can identify changes that occur over time.
Clients or other individuals I deal with may have questions about my goods or services after they have been received. I retain my client information for a mandatory minimum of one year after the last contact to enable me to respond to those questions and provide these services.
BOOKING ONLINE: WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
- I do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information when browsing my site. I may, however, collect information such as time of day, browser type and IP address. This information is used to make improvements on my site.
- When you book an appointment online, I collect personal information necessary to provide you with the service you have requested.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
I understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, I have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secure in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers. Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or has identifiers removed or is encrypted.
- External consultants and agencies have no access to personal information.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
I need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that I can answer any question the client may have about the services provided and for my own accountability to external regulatory bodies.
I destroy paper files containing personal information by shredding. I destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, I ensure that the hard drive is physically destroyed.
YOU CAN LOOK AT YOUR INFORMATION
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information I hold about you. I can help you identify what records I might have about you. I will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., short forms, technical language, etc.). I will need to confirm your identity, if I do not know you, before providing you with this access. I reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests.
If there is a problem I may ask you to put your request in writing. If I cannot give you access, I will tell you within 30 days if possible and tell you the reason, as best I can, as to why I cannot give you access.
If you believe there is a mistake in the information, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected. This applies to factual information and not to any professional opinions I may have formed. I may ask you to provide documentation that my files are wrong. Where I agree that I made a mistake, I will make the correction and notify anyone to whom I have sent this information. If I do not agree that I have made a mistake, I will still agree to include in my file a brief statement from you on the point and I will forward that statement to anyone else who received the earlier information.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
To find out more about my privacy protection practices, or raise any concerns, contact me at:
Mob.: 07913029336 Email: email@example.com